What do you do when you fall in love with an idea?
- Do you share it with others or do you remain silent?
- Do you doodle and obsess over the possibilities of the idea?
- Do you listen to the small voice that tells you it can’t or won’t happen?
“Falling in love is like jumping off a really tall building.
Your brain tells you it is not a good idea, but your heart
tells you, you can fly.” – Author Unknown
If I am being honest, I should answer “yes” to all of the above questions. The idea that I have fallen in love with is referred to as MCL – Mass Customized Learning. It is the idea that schools can provide a rich, personalized learning experience that capitalizes on student strengths and interests, while providing a huge dose of choice within each learning experience.
I love this idea for so many reasons. Below are just a few:
- MCL is totally learner-centered and learner-controlled.
- MCL lifts up teachers to be true professionals.
- MCL allows flexibility – both for learner outcomes and learner experiences!
Have I caught your interest about MCL? I hope so. Check this out to learn more!